problems with DIY 220 triac project

(Read 112 times)
problems with DIY 220 triac project on: March 29, 2021, 11:18:41 PM
Hi,
i builded the circuit as described for the 220V AC heater with the components from the list.
But it doesn't work I measured with the oscilloscope and with no dely in firing it does something, but not that it should.
I tried to figure out the failure and measured at the optocopler and the input for zero crossing detection. There i can see the halfwave but not with max 5V, I have a bit more then 20V. I don't know why. At the power input I have 5V. What could be wrong?

Thanks in advanced

Re: problems with DIY 220 triac project Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 08:11:17 AM
If you supply the optocoupler with 5V pullup, I can't know how you get 20V at the output... Is probable you have a bad connection or a broken component?

Re: problems with DIY 220 triac project Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 09:15:43 AM
I don,t understand my problem. i builded a new circuit with new parts, same problem. The optocoupler has 5v like in your shematic. I get a signal for the zerocross detection out of the circuit, 100Hz like it should be (Why 21V I don't know, but it looks like it should). I made a screenshot with the phone of the oszi and attached it.
Then I looked at the firing pulse. Here comes something out, but with a different frequency.some peeks are missing.
Then I looked at the output of the triac A1. There comes rubish out. I attached a screenshot. The picture you are seeing variates, it looks as if it is walking (like a rising, as if timing is growing).
Perhaps you can have a look at it and can support me.

I tried to send this post, but I cant compress the pictueres to the max allowed size. Is there an other way to send it to you?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards

Re: problems with DIY 220 triac project Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 10:56:26 AM
I can't see the attatched pictures...

Re: problems with DIY 220 triac project Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 03:28:25 PM
i cant't attach them. I can not reduce it to the size of 120 kb.
Can I mail it?