Making an arduino project as small as possible

(Read 1437 times)
Making an arduino project as small as possible on: August 22, 2020, 10:26:03 PM
After watching the video "Burn bootloader to ATmega328p AU with Arduino NANO" I knew flashing the bootloader using an Ftdi was exactly what I needed for my tiny atmega328p-au project.

I'm making a small PCB and I don't want it to be re-flashable or require any USB functionality except for power.
So here's what I'm planning.

Basically I'm using the bare minimum to keep the ATmega running, the crystal and the 4 caps and the resistor, and I plan to flash the bootloader using the left test pins (pictured in yellow) and upload the code using the right test pins. All this using a test clip like in my second pic

Taking this into account I think it's safe to say this will work fine, right? The atmega doesn't need much more to work and I'm going to add an OPamp, a diode, pushbutton and a few leds, it's going to be an arduinoboy, my third pic.

I'm nervous because it's my first time doing an arduino project without the whole arduino, just the atmega chip by itself.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:29:39 PM by Noob 2394 »

Re: Making an arduino project as small as possible Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:04:00 AM
Yes, with bare minimum the ATmega328 should work ok. You can flash once the code with an external FTDI and then it will always work with the minimum configuration. I do this all the time...

Re: Making an arduino project as small as possible Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 10:10:15 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! Off to finish the design and send off to JLCPCB

Re: Making an arduino project as small as possible Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 04:41:13 PM
Through oral supplements, IV infusions, or topical products, the comprehensive guide above aims to empower individuals to make informed decisions about incorporating detox cleansing system glutathione into their skincare journey.

Re: Making an arduino project as small as possible Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023, 04:41:52 PM
In the intricate web of Earth's ecosystems, plants stand as the silent architects of life. Beyond their aesthetic appeal and oxygen-producing epipremnum happy leaf capabilities, plants play a multifaceted and indispensable role in maintaining the delicate balance of the environment.

Re: Making an arduino project as small as possible Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 04:23:47 AM
Thank you for the article! I have studied similar subjects! Unlike other submissions, however, I have a very unique impression of yours. I hope you will continue to share articles of this caliber with the public.
papa's freezeria

New Merino Wool Base Layer Guide Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 07:35:10 PM
To the people talking about woolx glacier 400 heavyweight, merino smartwool 250, best merino wool base layer for skiing, best short hiking socks, petite merino wool base layer, paradox merino wool blend base layer, merino thermal base layer womens, wool underlayer,  I highly recommend this updated merino wool hiking socks link or peter storm merino base layer, 200g merino wool base layer, midweight merino wool base layer, paradox merino blend 1 4 zip, icebreaker 250 merino, women's wool underlayer, icebreaker warmest base layer, icebreaker wool base layer, not to mention this new yak merino wool hiking socks details and don't forget kari traa baselayer merino wool, icebreaker womens 260, long wool walking socks, ice breaker merino wool underwear, merino mid layer mens, 250 smartwool, smart wool base layer sale, merino wool hiking socks mens, alongside all this recommended site for yak merino wool hiking socks blog which is also great. Also, have a look at this great merino wool ski socks details not to mention mens merino ski base layer, smartwool men's merino 150 base layer 1 4 zip, smartwool 250 womens base layer, smartwool merino 250 zip, woolen thermal wear for women, icebreaker mens merino base layer, smartwool merino 150 base layer shirt men's, wool base layer hunting, and don't forget this the advantage for merino wool hiking socks site with icebreaker merino wool base layer women's, merino wool base layer mens amazon, baabaa merino wool base layer, smart wool base layer sale, smartwool crew socks womens, wool baselayers, icebreaker baselayer, white merino thermal,  for good measure. Check more @ Recommended Wellness Experiences In NYC Blog 4aa023d

Top Rated Product Site Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 09:58:43 PM
Please try Google before asking about Cool Product Blog 59a7057

Top Rated Digital Marketing Tips Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 12:16:01 AM
To the lady talking about best digital marketing agency in the world, digital marketing and traditional marketing, digital display advertising, ppc marketing firm, cyber marketing, paid search strategy, online marketing companies for small business, top online advertising companies,  I highly recommend this my sources on digital marketing boss Brooks Nunez details or paid media marketing, ppc company near me, online marketing guru, razorfish agency, digital marketing and branding, google analytics digital marketing, online marketing for dentists, squared online, on top of this discover more here on digital marketing boss Brooks Nunez site on top of best internet marketing services, web design market, ecommerce content marketing agency, paid search marketing is entirely driven by google, seo agency absolute, ecommerce branding agency, ecommerce digital agency, digital flyers, as well as this best digital marketing expert Brooks Nunez link which is also great. Also, have a look at this recommended digital marketing expert Brooks Nunez link as well as hospitality marketing firms, digital media ads, healthcare content marketing agency, digital performance agency, best digital marketing agency near me, marketing and digital marketing, bbdo omnicom, digital marketing agency online, as well as this recommended digital marketing leader Brooks Nunez url with ecommerce seo agencies, web digital agency, content marketers, ppc management agency, digital marketing consultant, digital business strategy, online advertising services, best online marketing agency,  for good measure. Check more @ Cool Digital Marketing Site 99f6c4a